What Is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion refers to the exfoliation of the epidermis. Or simply put, it is the process of removing the outer layer of the skin. It is usually done by a dermatologist or cosmetologist. This procedure, however, has been practiced by nurses, non-physician and even untrained people at home. It involves spraying tiny exfoliating crystals on the skin. This practice removes spots and dull skin. Microdermabrasion is not as harsh as dermabrasion. Its effect reflects quickly on fresh or less severe scars. For excellent skin treatment, Melbourne’s acne treatment centres are the right place to have microdermabrasion treatment.
Before deciding to go for microdermabrasion treatment in Melbourne, check if you have dry skin, coarse skin surface, spots, hyper-pigmentation, wrinkles, clogged pores, etc. If you experience any of them, going for microdermabrasion may be the best option. Hyper-pigmentation is an excessive deposit of pigment, and it becomes very visible on your face, as a result, of overactive melanocytes that eventually bring about surplus supply of melanin. These dark spots appear on the skin due to excess exposure to the sun, changes in body hormones or skin wounds. Consequent on finding out that you need microdermabrasion, cosmetologists opine you should schedule each treatment for every two or more weeks. If you are in melbourne you should consider microdermabrasion by Nitai
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
1. It Does Not Involve the Use of Toxic Chemicals- Harsh or harmful chemicals that can burn your skin are avoided in the treatment of hyper-pigmentation and other spots.
2. It Is Not Ablation – Microdermabrasion eradicates hyper-pigmentation without surgically removing any body part or tissue. Processes such as plastic surgery and chemical peels involve destruction of human tissue.
3. It Is Not Aggressive – Only the outermost layer of the skin called stratum corneum is exfoliated as compared to other procedures that remove the entire epidermis. It makes use of coarse grains applied on the face.
4. It Is Faster – Microdermabrasion’s recovery time is usually between 2 hours and 24 hours while other procedures that require a considerable amount of time fully to recover.
5. It Is Versatile – It can work on any skin type, inasmuch as it neither changes the skin color nor cause a scar or further harm to the skin. It can be used by people who usually react to anti-acne medicine by unclogging the skin pores.
6. It Rejuvenates – This skin treatment exfoliates and regenerate the skin by making it more radiant, smoother, softer and fresher than it used to be.
7. No Side Effects – Using microdermabrasion does not have any attending side effects. The crystals can be irritating to the eyes, therefore, avoid contact with the eyes, and keep off from sunshine immediately after treatment and for some days.